Monday, January 19, 2009

Trading Spaces

When we purchased our three bedroom home with an office we thought we were moving into a palace. We only had one child leaving us with an entire room for guests and a craft area.

Fast forward five years, add two more people and now there are five of us living in two rooms. Our palace is beginning to feel more like a cramped studio. Poor Brielle has been homeless, still sleeping in a portable-crib in the guest bedroom for the past two years. Last week I realized she was getting so tall that she had to lay a certain direction to be able to straiten her legs.

At which time I had to stop and ask myself the question, exactly how many guests have we hosted in the past, oh three years...? Not many.

What about all those amazing crafts I've been creating...? hmmm... I quickly came to the conclusion that it was time.

This is what we started with after Kira took down the green silk window treatments and added a string of Chinese Lanterns (just in case you had mistakenly assumed I put them there).


4 comments:

Kendall & Nichole said...

The anticipation is killing me....where is the finished product? That's it...I'm coming over!

Tiffanie N. said...

Go to bed! You have to be at the gym in less than 9 hours.

Erin said...

Can't wait to see the finished room, I just know it will be fabulous!

Smedley Family said...

Love your blog .. and the bedroom turned out way cute!