Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Carpet

Ok, our house is fabulous...more than a gal could want, I know....Still, the pink carpet...ouch...No matter how many area rugs you throw on it, Pink it is. I've been quietly suggesting we upgrade since we moved in 5 years ago, and with each suggestion Bob would respond with "it's going to be a lot of work".
Work, Smirk how hard could it be...
Mr. darling reluctantly agreed, I ordered before he could change his mind and During the Christmas break we (He) got to work.

I imagined that since we were paying someone to install the stuff, it would be quick and painlesss. Take the kids to MickeyD's Playland for an afternoon and return to clean, fresh as new home.

Imagine my surprise when the installer called. The conversation went something like this:
installer: "I'm calling to confirm that there is no furniture in your home".
me:"um, what do you mean"?
installer: "Is the house empty"
me: "no, we already live here"
Installer: "yes, but have you moved everything out yet".
me: "no we aren't moving, the carpet is for us".
installer: "ma'am, the carpet cannot be installed until all the furniture in the house has been removed"
me: "What"?
installer: "ma'am, the furniture needs to be out"
Me: "Can't you just move it to one side, lay the carpet, than move it to the other side"?
Installer: "no ma'am"
Me: "where does it need to go"?
Installer: "a moving truck, storage facility, garage, shed, where ever you have room for it"
me: "um, we have a lot of furniture".
installer: "yes, and it needs to be removed".
Me: "don't you do that".
installer: "no ma'am
Me. "We have to move out of the house"?
installer: "just for 3 days".
Me: "THREE DAYS"???

And that my friends is why Bob is always right and I am always not-even-close when it comes to remodel jobs.
It was a huge amount of work to install carpet! HUGE... We had to move out, remove doors, pull up transition strips, seal, sand, then move everything back in again. well, Bob had to do all that... I had to find a place to hang out with girls for three days..

Master Bedroom:


Living room:


Kitchen:


Master Bathroom:


Hmmm. has anyone seen my.....

6 comments:

Melinda H. said...

I want to see the results!! Do you wish that you had just moved out? At least everything is nice and neat and you feel like you've done your spring cleaning, right? I bet it looks beautiful!

jill 'E' jam said...

You have to post pictures when you're done. I can't wait to see!! I have to settle for pictures since we only see each other once in a blue moon now :D

a.parke said...

Sounds fun... I would love to see the finished project. Miss you guys.

David Parke Family said...

Goodness, girl. Thanks for the giggles. I am sure it will all be worth it in the end. Can't wait to see the transformation. Love ya and miss ya!

Anonymous said...

OH SO FUNNY! I can just hear that dialogue between you and the installer. I bet he got a kick out of that conversation too. I hope this one goes into your journal. Can't wait to see it, please send pictures. We haven't seen your family room redo yet either. Miss ya all.

jordan parke said...

That's so funny. A good laugh. I'm sure it will be worth it. I can relate.